Let it fall to the ground
I know it hurts
It is a struggle to let it go
To lose what you care for so much
But there is no real loss
Just the illusion that what escapes is you
And you can never be gone
For you are eternal
Nothing has any power over you except you
But there is no control to be had really
To what is to be
And in this knowing there is peace
And in peace lies this knowing
Whatever is to be shall be built
In a new and fresh perfection
It’s that time of year again! As some of you already know, my most favorite flower is the tulip! And every year, I make a post dedicated to this particular blossom because it is just so beautiful and I want to share it!
Seriously though, when is the last time you went and played with the flowers? If you aren’t sure or you have to think about it then maybe it is time for you to do just that! Flowers are such friendly little things! And they LOVE it when you dance with them!
Nothing else brings such pretty little splashes of color to our earth, you know? So without further ado, this year’s tulip adventures:
Creamy, delicious yellow
These magical tulips are saying “hello”
Rows of color!!!!
Beautiful and bright up-close shot!
And of course my very favorite ~ white!
Tanni and tulips ~ friends forever!!!
Thank you for stopping by and sharing my tulip-love with me for a little bit!
I would LOVE to hear about your flower-filled adventures or what your favorite flowers are!!!!
Also, feel free to check out my previous tulip posts here and here!
I very much appreciate a day being set aside to celebrate and help heal the earth. I know this earth day post is a couple of days late, but honestly, that works out perfectly for me. You see, to me every, single day is earth day. I am sure you have heard people (including me) say that about different days here and there but I promise you that I genuinely mean this!
I really, truly do at least one thing for the planet every day. The thing is, you probably do too! Each time you smile, or make a choice in love rather than fear, or eat a piece of fruit, you are helping. Every, single thing on this earth is connected. It really is. And each positive emotion you allow yourself to feel helps!
In no way am I saying to not do more on earth day or any day you wish though! Promise! The more good earth deeds, the better! Always! Here is a list of just a few (there are so many!) things that I think are GREAT to help heal our earth on any day or on earth day:
- LOVE YOURSELF
- Hug trees
- Plant trees. Plant anything! Fruits, vegetables, flowers, plants, whatever!!!
- Touch dirt with your bare skin
- Spend time outside
- Love your friends
- Love your enemies
- Buy organic/local/good quality foods and eat them!
- Drink a green smoothie
- Roll down a grassy hill
- Clean up garbage
- Be in love with all that you do
- Recycle/buy items with as little packaging as possible
- Support those who use good environmental practices
- Express gratitude
- LOVE YOURSELF
The current state of our earth is a reflection of what is inside of each and every one of us. I promise that this is so. This is why self-love is more important than anything.
And life is not about fighting the darkness. We must be the light. We must shine bright in love.
I have SO MUCH love for this earth and all of you, my beautiful, beautiful friends. It leaves me speechless on a daily basis. Thank you all so much for being who you are!
I love you all!!! Happy Earth Day from my heart to yours.
Standing here in front of me, broken as you think you are.
A bird who doesn’t know they can fly.
I haven’t healed all of my imperfections yet, you say. I still need to grow.
What you don’t realize is that I already see you. I know who you are.
Your eyes shine so brightly.
Your heart literally glows.
You don’t always see your own potential. Or know all the great things you will be.
But I do.
And I couldn’t love you more.
I am so insecure and I feel so small you say.
I don’t know when I will ever be good enough.
But you already are.
And I couldn’t love you any more than I do right now.
You say you are scared. You don’t know what will happen next.
You don’t know who you are.
You are so ugly and dirty.
But you are already perfect.
And I couldn’t possibly love you more.
I eat a LOT of bananas! So I thought it would only be appropriate to make a post that is devoted to the awesome-ness of the banana! Bananas are a truly amazing fruit that have a number of very unique benefits and uses! If you would like to know more, then please continue…..
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Vitamins B1, 2, 3, 5, 6
- Folic acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamins E, A and K
- Minerals – calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc
Due to this impressive list, bananas are good for the following:
- Bones (calcium and other minerals)
- Digestion (fiber, easy to digest)
- Brain (omega 3s, amino acids…aka protein)
- The circulatory system (and reduction of blood pressure)
- Energy (bananas are a good carbohydrate, which = fuel!)
- Depression/mood (good for the brain, plus they contain certain essential amino acids such as tryptophan, which increases serotonin)
- Charlie horses/leg cramps (potassium and other minerals)
Other Unique Benefits
Bananas have all of the following uses that cannot be duplicated by many other fruits/foods:
- Creamy texture – How many other fruits are creamy like the banana? This provides for a unique eating experience alone when comparing to other fruits! Also, this makes bananas an excellent candidate for making smoothies, ice cream, etc. Speaking of which…..
- Great for smoothies – What other food is better for a smoothie than a banana? They are thick and creamy and delicious and they combine well with just about every other fruit! Seriously, give them a try! No dairy products needed, either!
- Great for ice cream – Yes, I said ice cream! All you have to do is freeze some bananas, put them in your high speed blender or food processer and voila, you have the most amazing, creamy and magical ice cream ever! And it is made out of fruit! You can also add other frozen fruits, cinnamon or whatever else you like. Yum!
- Filling – Bananas are a lot denser than other fruits, so they keep you full longer. This is especially beneficial to those of us who eat a diet that is very high in fruit!
- Travel – They are easy to transport for on-the-go fun! It is super-simple to “pack” a bunch of bananas; just grab and go! Once you are out, peel and eat! It doesn’t get much more straight-forward than that!
- Disposal – Just throw them back to mother earth! Great for the environment and easy, too!
- Baking substitute – Bananas can be used in baking to help sweeten and also to help bind and hold stuff together! So depending on what you are making, they may be able to replace or help replace sugar, butter, oil or eggs!
- Cheap – Bananas are one of, if not the most inexpensive fruits (not to mention, foods), year-round! At least this is true where I live!
So there you have it, folks! The AMAZING banana! Pretty cool stuff!
If anyone has any other uses for bananas or banana tips, feel free to share in the comments below! Or feel free to just express your love for the banana in general, as I will totally be able to relate. 😉