This wrap is really simple, delicious and highly nutritious! If I listed out all of the nutrients and benefits you are getting from it, this post would be eight feet long. That said, I will just highlight a couple of things ~ healthy omega 3 and 6 fats from the avocado, protein from the chard and the avocado, heavy metal detoxification from the cilantro, digestive promotion from the dill and pretty much all of the vitamins and minerals that exist from all of it! Plus, it is all raw, which means that it is completely alive! Pretty awesome stuff! Oh yeah, then there was that whole simple and delicious part, too! 🙂
Ingredients* for one wrap (two of the halves pictured above):
- Avocado ~ 1/2 large or 1 small
- Lemon juice ~ 1 Tbsp.
- Dried paprika ~ 1/2 tsp.
- Dried cumin ~ 1/2 tsp.
- Dried crushed red pepper flakes (optional ~ add if you want it spicy)
- Sea salt (optional ~ I made mine without but depending on your taste buds, you may want to add some in)
- Garlic (optional ~ I made mine without this too, but it could be good if you wish)
- Fresh dill ~ couple sprigs, to taste
- Fresh cilantro ~ couple sprigs, to taste
- Tomato ~ 1 medium, chopped
- Cucumber ~ 1/2 medium, chopped
- Rainbow swiss chard ~ 1 large leaf, de-stemmed
- Anything else you want to add that sounds good (other veggies, spices, whatever)
- Love ❤
I apologize for the lack of pictures here but this recipe is pretty easy, so that’s good! 🙂
In a bowl, mash avocado, lemon juice, paprika, cumin and any of the optional ingredients (dried red pepper, sea salt or garlic) with a fork. Once this is mixed well, chop the fresh dill and cilantro into very small pieces. Add and stir in until evenly disbursed. Set aside.
Chop cucumber and tomato and set aside.
De-stem your swiss chard leaf and lay it flat on a large plate. Spread the avocado sauce onto the leaf leaving a couple of inches all the way around the leaf for folding. Top the avocado sauce with the chopped veggies. Fold the edges of the swiss chard leaf up over the sauce and the veggies and then flip over. Cut in half and serve!
*Amounts are somewhat approximate as I didn’t measure when I made it. They should be pretty close but feel free to use your intuition to make adjustments to your tastes!
Let me know what you think if you decide to try this!